Monday, September 15, 2014

Rotisserie Chicken: Getting the Most from that Bird!

Source:  Joe Schneid, Wikipedia Commons
I love roasted chicken.  Sometimes I make my own, but lately I find I cannot beat Costco's $4.99 rotisserie chicken.  I'm not sure how they season their birds, but they are incredibly yummy.

This next series of posts are for chicken recipes. These are some of my favorite dishes, AND these recipes are great ways to stretch your food dollar in inventive and delicious ways.  And it all starts with that yummy rotisserie chicken.





Dinner 1:  Rotisserie Chicken
OK.  You've bought your yummy rotisserie chicken.  Serve it warm with some yummy green vegetables like Choux de Bruxelles aux Lardons et Radis or a nice salad.

When dinner is over, pull the remaining meat off the chicken.  Be sure to keep the richer, dark meat separated from the white meat.  We are going to make different dishes with each.

Lunch/Dinner 2:  Chicken Salad

Dinner 3:  Chicken Manicotti

Dinner 4:  Green Chili Enchiladas

Lunch/Dinner 5:  Homemade Chicken Soup

Lunch/Dinner 6:  Cream Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment